- So far we have 3,494 articles in English, written and edited by 21,749 hitchhikers around the globe.
Feel free to share your knowledge with us!
- 20th February 2017 There is a new forum for hitchhiker's discussions and the organisation of the hitchgathering at talk.hitchwiki.org.
- 1st - 24th December 2016 There is an advent calender on tramprennen.org. One story about "first time-hitchhiking-experiences" is published everyday. Check http://tramprennen.org/blog/
- 15 November 2016 The first app ever published by Hitchwiki is now available for free (as always) on the Play Store. Download it and keep track of the spots where you hitchhike, your waiting times and so on. In a future version the app will offer you an option to sync your hitching spots with Hitchwiki with no extra work. MyHitchhikingSpots. Special thanks to a random guy who gave an Android phone to one of our hitchhiking developers while traveling in Sweden!
- 25 June 2016 A new official hitchhiking spot has been opened in the Dutch town of Oldemarkt, in response to the insufficient public transport to Steenwijk. In addition a FB group was created to encourage ridesharing on this route.
- 9 April 2016 Tatyana Kozyreva, a well-known Russian hitchhiker, has passed away on the 3rd of April 2016, at the age of 43 in Indonesia, near Bandar Aceh in a diving accident. Tatyana was known for having written and self-published several books on hitchhiking and related topics under the name Tatyana Yashnikova. The talks she gave drew crowds. In the Russian hitchhiking scene she was the most “famous” of the female solo travellers and hitchhikers. A detailed obituary (English), blog article (French) & FB (English)
- 15 January 2016 Help get How to live without money (eBook) translated in English!
- 5 December 2015 New Android Hitchhiking Maps has been released. Offline maps, Street View preview and all of the spots from Hitchwiki: Google Play
- 25 November 2015 Release of eBook from hitchhiking baby Petit Bibi's adventure around the world: bibiontheroad.net
- 30 April 2015 An Austrian Hitchhiking Community is forming with the Name Ausfahrt Links to increase public awareness of people about hitchhiking as a means of transport in Austria. Find more information on the Website, like them on Facebook.
- 24 April 2015 Miran Ipavec has just announced that he has managed to hitch through 31(!) European countries in just under 10 days.
- 26th December 2014 Folks behind Hitchwiki are building a new hospitality exchange community for hitchhikers and other travellers: Trustroots.org — It's time to join it and spread the word!
- 8-9 June 2018 - BreakOut no.5: In 36 hours. In teams of two. Without money. As far as possible. For a good cause. Start is in Berlin, München or Barcelona.
- 20-25 June 2018 - Midsummer Hitchgathering in Sweden. Legal camping at a lake with a rock for climbing.
- 23-25 June 2018 - 5th Swiss Hitchhiking Championship, as always start in Fribourg and as always completely for free.
- 2-5 July 2018 - Barcelona Express from Amsterdam, Brussels and Paris to Barcelona.
- July 2018 - DTSG will organize a pre-gathering in Slovenia. Exact dates & place will be announced.
- 21-22 July 2018 - HungaroHitch hitchhiker race will be held on the 21-22nd of July, starting from Budapest, Hungary. More info on webpage .
- 4-12 August 2018 - 7. European Hitchhike Competition from Leipzig to North Cape.
- 4-11 August 2018 - Competitive Hitchhiking Race by the Russian Club of Competitive Hitchhiking Клуб Спортивного Автостопа.
- 1-14 August 2018 - Hitchgathering 2018 in Razana near Kosjerić, Serbia (fb).