- 1st - 24th December 2016 There is an advent calender on tramprennen.org. One story about "first time-hitchhiking-experiences" is published everyday. Check http://tramprennen.org/blog/
- 15 November 2016 The first app ever published by Hitchwiki is now available for free (as always) on the Play Store. Download it and keep track of the spots where you hitchhike, your waiting times and so on. In a future version the app will offer you an option to sync your hitching spots with Hitchwiki with no extra work. MyHitchhikingSpots. Special thanks to a random guy who gave an Android phone to one of our hitchhiking developers while traveling in Sweden!
- 25 June 2016 A new official hitchhiking spot has been opened in the Dutch town of Oldemarkt, in response to the insufficient public transport to Steenwijk. In addition a FB group was created to encourage ridesharing on this route.
(Read old news here...)
Picture of the now
Do you like to surf hitchwiki and gather information for a hitchhiking trip that you plan? Do you like to spread your knowledge with other hitchhikers? Just click edit when you see information that could be added to this wiki or improved and create your personal profile-page.
You can have a look at the Todo Article and General Help to see how you can help writing articles and building this free hitchhiking guide!
- 2 February 2019 We're trying to set up a hitchhikers gathering in Buenos Aires, Argentina on Saturday, February 2nd. If you're around and you'd like to join, shout out on our event on Couchshurfing website.
- 27-31 August 2019 IUAES2019 CFP - Hitchhiking: affect, spaces and stories. A academic panel will dicuss hitchiking during August in Poland. We will hitch to the event, and try an organise some activity during the event. For more information, visit here or email me at [email protected] - username Subaculture on CS/BW etc.
- 1 January 2019 Roadtrip to Marokko - Anyone interested in joining a hitchhiking trip down to Marokko? I am a real hippie guy who wants to get out of the cold! I will be starting in Hamburg in Germany and I want to be in Marokko for a few months. Greets Nick email:[email protected]
- 30 December 2018 Hitchhiking to Sweden from Gronigen I am a student in Groningen. I would like to do hitchhiking form Groningen to Bremen, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Malmo and Helsinborg. Feel free to contact me [email protected]
- 29 December - 1 January 2018 - Italian Alps NYE Gathering at Casera Presoldon: Stunning views, cozy chimney fire, food from the trash, sledging, skiing, hiking in snow.... We're a bunch of hitchhikers meeting at this place and you can come too!
- October - December 2018 - Trustroots is hosting a Hackathon somewhere in the south of Portugal, Algarve, or the West Andalusia region of Spain, near the frontier for interested people to contribute with some volunteering mainly for Trustroots, but also a good place for people that want to get into the background of HitchWiki. Check out the details here!
- 8 December 2018 - A Hitchhiker's Guide to Hitchhiking in Ice and Snow - talk about hitchhiking in snow, ice and cold temperatures + story telling from a collective trip to North Cape in January this year at 4pm at Thiembuktu, Magdeburg. Sharing pictures, stories and practical info. You're welcome to stay for a small gathering.
- 8 December - 9 December 2018 - HungaroHitch organizes a hitchhiker race in Hungary, starting from Budapest. Registration and more info --> HungaroHitch.com
- 17 August - 1 September 2018 Tramprennen 2018 - hitchhiking-race from Germany, Austria and Switzerland to Bosnia! More information on Tramprennen.org
- 1-14 August 2018 - Hitchgathering 2018 in Razana near Kosjerić, Serbia (fb).