Here we can collect all the garbage spammers put here, with some links to chongqed.org. That should be quite discouraging...
Now any new user must have at least 10 edits until he can post external links (and some other keywords).
- I just added the blacklist of http://www.stopforumspam.com/ to hitchwiki. No idea how effective it will be, but I thought let's give it a try. --MrTweek 09:43, 14 January 2012 (CET)
- And also www.sorbs.net. --MrTweek 09:48, 14 January 2012 (CET)
stuff we can/should/could try
- patrol team?
- block articles without any English words
- block image uploads by new users
- make it easy to
- guaka is trying something different at http://cultwiki.org/en/Category:EatThis - not directly applicable on hitchwiki but there might be something there
- block all usernames containing numbers
- block all usernames that result in zero hits on Google (reasoning that no real person will invent a new name just to register on Hitchwiki, everyone stick to their own online identity)
- please add more