Quarim is a 30 years old hitchhiker from Trier, Germany . He has hitchhiked in 20 countries in Europe but most of the way he did in Germany. Right now he stucks in his office at work and does most of the hitchhiking trips only in his head. In real he did a bit more than 33,000 km by hitchhiking. See his logfile of hitchhiking for more statistics
Quarim can communicate in german and english and also can make himself understandable in french and spanish, gaved up to learn russian.
- He was one of the organisators of the abgefahren hitchhiking race 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. He works for abgefahren e.V.
- In summer 2012 Quarim published the hitchhiking story book Hit the Road in german.
Total hitchhiking distance: 33,333 km
Longest waits :
- 3h30 min and then gave up - Raststätte Feistritz, Austria heading towards Slovenia
- 3h02 min and then gave up - Raststätte Göttesbrunn, Austria heading towards Bratislava, Slovakia
- 2h53 min near Praha, Czech Republic
- 2h45 min near Hildesheim, Germany
Shortest wait: no waiting time - only switching cars (more than 10 times)
Milestone of 25,000 km: Hitchhiked on 27th August 2010 between Osnabrück and Hannover, on that day they had a disaster alert in Osnabrück because of heavy rain and flooding. It was also the craziest weather Quarim hitchhiked in.