MOAH = Mind of a Hitchhiker (www.mindofahitchhiker.com) aka Iris Veldwijk, professional solo hitchhiker and travel writer from the Netherlands. She started hitchhiking in September 2012 and is non-stop on the road since November 2013.
Here's the list of countries I've hitchhiked (solo) in. All country pages I've made edits to are linked.
- The Netherlands
- Spain & the Canary Islands
- San Marino
- Georgia (+Abkhazia)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Greece (Corfu)
- Moldova (+Transnistria)
- Cyprus (+North)
- El Salvador
- Costa Rica
- Brazil mostly Brazil#Border_Crossings
- Argentina mainly the Cordoba sections
- Hitchhiked with three guys named "Chris" consecutively on the same day in Wales, in 2013.
- Never hitchhiked with a female truck driver
- Highest altitude hitched: 4700 something meters above sea level on the Paso Agua Negra border from Argentina to Chile
- Thought both Hummers and Smarts were in unhitchable until hitching a Smart in Tirana, Albania in 2015 with two people already present
- Often gets weed offered directly after stating her nationality
- Traumatized by hitching in Spain
- Has the superstition that a car will stop seconds after lighting up a cigarette (quit smoking as of April 2016)
- Chain smokes occasionally because of that ^ (not anymore)
- Avid freecamper
- Sometimes pretends to be driving in order to stay awake in the car (try it!)