|<map lat='53.897849' lng='27.564075' zoom='10' view='3' />|
|Major roads:||M9, M1 (E30), M7 (E28), M6, M3, M2|
|Meet fellow hitchhikers on Trustroots|
Minsk (Belarusian: Менск IPA: [mʲinsk]; Russian: Минск; IPA: [mʲinsk]) is the capital and the largest city in Belarus, situated on the Svislač and Niamiha rivers. As a capital, Minsk has a special administrative status in Belarus and is also the administrative centre of Minsk voblasć (province) and Minsk rajon (district). It has a population of 1,921,807 inhabitants (2014). Urban area that includes about thirty satellite towns reaches 3,000.000.
- Option 1: Take Metro (2nd (red) line Aŭtazavodskaja linija (Аўтазаводская лінія)) to the last station Kamiennaja Horka (Каменная горка), get off, walk 50m (direction west) and hitch right from the bus stop.
- Option 2: Take Metro (2nd (red) line Aŭtazavodskaja linija) to Kamiennaja Horka, get off and go west towards M9 (~2km). The spot is right after on-ramp from M9 to M6.
North-West towards Zasłaŭje, Maładziečna, Smarhoń, Miadzieł, Narač
- Option 1: Take bus #44 (direction Ždanovičy station (Станцыя „Ждановічы“)) and get off at the last stop. You can start hitchhiking from the bus-stop on the motorway.
- Option 2: Take bus #136 (direction Azdaraŭlenčy centr 'Ždanovičy' (Аздараўленчы цэнтр „Ждановічы“)) and get off at the last stop. Walk a few hundred metres in the same direction with the traffic and start hitchhiking there.
- Option 3: Take a suburban train (direction Belarus (Zasłaŭje) (Беларусь (Заслаўе)), Alachnovičy (Аляхновічы), Maładziečna (Маладэчна)) and get off at Ždanivičy station (станцыя Ждановічы). Use the underground crossing to get to the other side of the motorway. You can start hitchhiking from the bus-stop on the motorway.
Take Metro (2nd (red) line Aŭtazavodskaja linija) to Mahilioŭskaja' ("Магілёўская") station, then take a buses #110, #110a, #160, #160a and other to "Sosny", or #112 to Sokal. Get off at the station "Pavarot na Sosny" ("Паварот на Сосны") on the top of the junction. You can try hitching just after the junction or walk 2 km towards junction of M4 (towards Mahilioŭ) and M5 (towards Homiel) roads.
Alternatively, you can take bus #93 from the same station and get off right after it turns off from the motorway, walk a few hundred metres in the same direction with the traffic to the closest bus stop on the motorway to start hitchhiking from there.
- Option 1: take Metro (1st (blue line "Maskoŭskaja linija")) to Uručča ("Уручча") station, then get bus #15, #99 (direction 'Vajennja akademija' (Ваенная акадэмія) to Vitalur ("Виталюр") stop, get out and walk 0.5km NE along the road. The spot is right after the junction.
- Option 2 (preferable): take Metro (2nd (red) line Aŭtazavodskaja linija) to Mahilioŭskaja ("Магілёўская") station, then take a bus #112 (direction 'Mikrarajon Sokal' (Мікрараён Сокал)). Get off at the turn from M1 to 'Sokal'. Spot is right after the crossing.
An alternative is to take any public transport going to the airport of Minsk. It is outside the city on the road to Moscow. If you let yourself drop on the last turn before the airport, you are on a perfect spot and direct lifts to Moscow are not uncommon.
Take Metro (1st (blue) line Maskoŭskaja linija) to "Malinaŭka" ("Малінаўка") station. Then you can either walk about 1 km or take bus #28 (direction "Karžanieŭskaha" ("Каржанеўскага")) to Pavarot na Malinaŭku ("Паварот на малінаўку") stop (next stop). Travel time by bus is about 3 min.
In Minsk operate buses, trolleybuses, trams, underground, city trains, mini-buses (maršrutka).
Public transport works from 05:30 to 01:00 the next day, there are no night routes!!!
Buses, trolleybuses, trams and underground are equipped with a unified payment system. You can pay with a special card (sold in kiosks) or with a paper ticket (token in the underground). In mini-buses (maršrutka) you pay straight to a driver. Tickets for city-trains are bought in ticket offices at the stations of from a conductor on a train itself (costs more).
- Public overground transport fares (single ticket): 0.55 BYN (€0.27) / 0,60 BYN (€0.29) (sold by drivers)
- Underground (single ticket): 0.60 BYN (€0.29):
- Maršrutka fares: ~1,50 BYN (€0.73)
- Penalty fares: ~ 11,50 BYN (€5.60)
There are several variants of multi-journey tickets (for 1/3/5/10/20/30 days, for 5/10/20/30/40/50/60 rides, for any combination of types of public transport). More info HERE (in Russian only).
Blackriding in overground transport is possible. All ticket inspectors wear a uniform (although it has become harder to notice them recently). So if you notice inspectors standing at the bus stop, just get off. They won't do anything to you.
On the underground it is almost impossible to blackride as there are turnstiles there (both at the entrance and exit) and a person keeping order (usually together with a policeman).
There are conductors on city trains so blackriding is hardly possible.
Brest region • Homiel region • Hrodna region • Mahilioŭ region • Minsk (city) • Minsk region • Viciebsk region