Crossable rest areas in Sweden
In Sweden there are, first of all, not that many motorways. Most often petrol stations are situated off the motorways, close to a motorway exit. Also there are not many rest areas on the motorways in general. The E6 has several sets of opposite service stations. Elsewhere, for example on the E4, there are almost only petrol stations at motorway exists, which are used by traffic in both directions of the motorway, as well as local and regional traffic.
The following service stations allow a hitchhiker to cross over to the other side on foot. This is a complete list for all motorways in the country.
- Herrbeta Rastplatsen (east of Linköping). Car tunnel, crossable in three minutes.
- Rastplats Glumslöv (south of Helsingborg). Crossable northbound in 30 minutes - perhaps less.
- Rastplats Östra Karup (south of Laholm). Both directions, situated southbound off the motorway (Autohof style)
- Rastplats Snapparp (south of Halmstad). Crossable northbound in 10 minutes.
- Rastplats Himlet (south of Varberg). Both directions, situated southbound off the motorway (Autohof style)
- Rastplats Sandsjöbacka (south of Göteborg). Pedestrian bridge.
- Exit 19, Statoil. Both directions, situated southbound off the motorway (Autohof style)