|<map lat=52.1 lng=23.67 zoom=10 view=3/>|
|Major roads:||M1, E30|
|Meet fellow hitchhikers on Trustroots|
Brest (bel. Брэст) (Polish: Brześć), is a city in southwestern Belarus at the border with Poland opposite the city of Terespol, where rivers Western Buh and Muсhaviec rivers meet. It is the main city of the Brest voblasć.
The best starting point to go out of the city is the ‘Газаапарат’ (Gazaparat) bus station. This is close to the ‘Brest railway station’. You should leave the railway station to south direction by the pedestrian bridge, turn left and walk around 600m along ‘Арджанікідзе’ (Ardžanikidze) street to the ‘Газаапарат’ (Gazaparat) bus stop.
Option 1: border crossing station ‘Kozlowichy – Kukuryki’
1. Take a bus #22 ‘Газаапарат – Клейнікі’ (Gazaparat – Klejniki) and get off at the last stop, then you have to go back on the M1/E30 motorway. The border crossing station is a 4km from here.
2. Take a suburban train to ‘Высока-Літоўск’ (Vysoka-Litoŭsk) direction and get off at the second station which is called ‘Скоки’ (Skoki). The motorway is close to the station. The border crossing station is a 4,5km from here.
Option 2: border crossing station ‘Warszawski most’
1. Take a bus #1 or #1a on the ‘Газаапарат’ (Gazaparat) station. You have to go seven stops and then get off at the ‘Подсобное хозяйство’ (Podsobnoe hozjajstvo) station, go back to the crossroad and turn left to the border crossing station.
2. From trolleybus last stop 'Ardžanikidze' near the Railway Station walk ~250m along 'Kamsamolskaja' street to the stop 'Kamsamolskaja'. From here take marshrutka #1 and get off when it turns left from E30 (stop 'Cafe'). Then walk 600m along the main road (E30) to the gates and ask drivers.
1. Take a bus #32 on the ‘Газаапарат’ (Gazaparat) station. You have to go 23 stops and then get off at the ‘Тельмы’ (Teĺmy) station. You should cross the road and walk around 300m along the motorway to a hitching spot.
2. Take a trolleybus #1 or #5 from some station in the city of center to the last stop 'Абласная бальнiца' (Ablasnaja Balnica). The easiest way to find necessary lines is central and largest street, which is called 'Маскоўская' (Maskoŭskaja). Every stop is able to take you outside the city by trolleybus #1 and #5.
Brest region • Homiel region • Hrodna region • Mahilioŭ region • Minsk (city) • Minsk region • Viciebsk region